Nephrology – Dialysis Kidney Transplant
Shalby is one of the world’s best kidney transplant hospital, specializing in kidney transplant surgery at the hands of finest kidney doctors of India.What is Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)?
Knowing is half the battle won, and this saying holds great importance in terms of diseases and ailments. Chronic kidney disease (CKD) or Chronic Renal Disease (CRD) is a gradual, permanent loss of kidney function over a period of time. When the kidneys are damaged, they eventually reduce their functionality and ultimately stop functioning. Thus, the waste substances get accumulated in blood, hampering the body. Kidney disease, if not timely treated, can lead to a kidney failure. Once the kidneys fail, the patient must either opt for dialysis immediately or wait to get a new kidney, so as to avoid the risks of blood poisoning, anemia, heart disease, bone disease, impaired vision, infection, and walking disabilities.
How do I know if I have CKD?
Testing is the only way to know if you have a kidney disease, there are no such visible symptoms for the same. Simple blood and urine tests can detect kidney damage. In fact, many people are not diagnosed until their kidneys stop working. Don’t wait till the severe symptoms to talk to your doctor, visit Shalby Hospitals and save yourself. Early detection is important because kidney disease can be treated and managed efficiently if diagnosed on time.
What if I have CKD?
If you are diagnosed with CKD, our kidney transplant doctor will first determine the level of your kidney function and will then follow internationally recognized standard clinical practice guidelines to treat and manage the disease condition.
Diabetes is the leading cause of CKD…
Diabetes is one of the major causes for the kidney disease and kidney failure across the world, accounting for about half of the cases of kidney diseases. Diabetes damages the small blood vessels of the kidneys, making it difficult for the kidneys to filter waste and extra fluid from the body. Once you have kidney damage, you can never undo it, but slow it down or stop it from further getting damaged by controlling diabetes and your lifestyle.
High blood pressure and kidney disease go hand in hand
High blood pressure and kidney disease often occur together. High blood pressure, also known as hypertension, is the second most common reason for CKD. It is a significant co-morbidity or often the result of prior kidney disease. Most of the patients who have a kidney failure are diagnosed with high blood pressure.
Love your heart. Love your kidneys.
Diseases that affect your kidneys, can also affect your heart. That is the reason many doctors consider the heart and kidneys to be an interlinked system. Heart disease is a predictor of kidney disease, and CKD usually leads to cardiovascular problems. In fact, more CKD patients die from heart disease than kidney failure.
If it’s in your family, it could be in your kidneys…
If you have one or more family members who have kidney disease, are on dialysis or have had a kidney transplant, you may be at higher risk for CKD. Make sure you are aware of your family history, and share it with your doctor as soon as you are diagnosed with any kidney damage. Make sure that you are screened for risk factors regularly and get proper treatment for the same.
The facilities and services of Kidney Transplant Centre at Shalby Hospitals include:
- Hemodialysis: Dialysis unit with 9 beds (separate machines for HBsAG and HCV positive patients)
- Kidney transplant (Live Related/ Cadaveric)
Management of all kidney diseases
- Acute kidney injury (AKI) and UTI/ Pyelonephritis
- Chronic kidney diseases (CKD)
- Pregnancy related kidney disorders
- Diabetes Mellitus and patients with Diabetic Nephropathy
- Hypertension and Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Nephritic syndrome
- Thrombotic Microangiopathies
- Patient with kidney stones, atheroembolic diseases, prostate enlargement
- Management of pediatric kidney diseases like, nephrotic syndrome, nephritic syndrome, HUS reflux and cystic diseases
- Intensive care renal replacement therapy for patients with multiple organ dysfunction syndrome (resistant congestive cardiac failure, hepatic failure, MODs)
- Kidney biopsy under USG guidance
- Renal dietary services
- Cadaveric Transplant Registry/ Cross Transplant Registry
Acute vascular access:
- Jugular/ femoral catheter
- Subclavian catheter insertion
- Perm catheter insertion
- Percutaneous CAPD Catheter Insertion
Permanent vascular access placement:
- AV fistula
- AV grafts Technology
- OPD, IPD services and intensive care unit
- Dialysis unit
- Dedicated OT
Contact Shalby Hospitals for Kidney Transplant in India.
Better Quality of Life for...Read More
Nephrology – Dialysis Kidney Transplant
Center Of Excellence
- Arthroplasty/TKR & Hip Replacement
- Arthroscopy – Sports Injury
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Cosmetic and Aesthetic
- Dental Cosmetic and Implantology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology – Diabetology
- Endoscopy and Laparoscopy
- ENT Surgery
- Gastroentero Surgery
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Hair Transplant
- Hip Joint Replacement
- Infectious Diseases
- Infertility and IVF
- Intensive and Critical Care
- Knee Joint Replacement
- Liver Diseases and Liver Transplant
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Nephrology – Dialysis Kidney Transplant
- Neuro Science Department
- Obesity Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Ophthalmology and Glaucoma
- Organ Donation
- Orthopaedic and Trauma
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Paediatrics and Neonatology
- Pathology And Microbiology
- Plastic Surgery
- Pulmonology and Chest
- Radiology and Imaging