- Dr. Dharmendra Panchal MS, MCH Read More
Center Of Excellence
- Arthroplasty/TKR & Hip Replacement
- Arthroscopy – Sports Injury
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Cosmetic and Aesthetic
- Dental Cosmetic and Implantology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology – Diabetology
- Endoscopy and Laparoscopy
- ENT Surgery
- Gastroentero Surgery
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Hair Transplant
- Hepatobiliary and Liver Transplant
- Hip Joint Replacement
- Infectious Diseases
- Infertility and IVF
- Intensive and Critical Care
- Knee Joint Replacement
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Nephrology – Dialysis Kidney Transplant
- Neuro Science Department
- Neuro Surgery
- Obesity Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Ophthalmology and Glaucoma
- Orthopaedic and Trauma
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Paediatrics and Neonatology
- Pathology And Microbiology
- Plastic Surgery
- Pulmonology and Chest
- Radiology and Imaging
Surgery is commonly used for the prevention and treatment of cancer. Various types of surgeries are performed based on the type of cancer, its intensity and its location.
Surgery helps in removing the tumor and surrounding tissue and has been considered as an effective way to treat various types of cancer. Surgery is done after locating the cancerous tumour, finding its spread, and diagnosing cancer. It may also be used to restore body’s appearance and relieve the body of the side effects that may have been caused by the disease or its treatment.
The cancer surgery is also dependent on the growth and spread of the tumour. Staging Surgery is used to find out the size of the tumour and its spread. This, along with the results of other laboratory tests helps the doctor to decide on the kind of treatment the patient should receive.
Primary Surgery or Curative Surgery is one of the most common types of cancer surgery to remove the tumour or affected parts. In some cases, tumour removal can be the only treatment or in few cases it can be done along with the combination of chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
Reconstructive or Plastic Surgery is also done in cases wherein it is required to restore the body’s appearance after a surgery. Preventive Surgery is common in the treatment of cancer, especially to avoid development of cancer.
In some situations, minimally invasive surgery is done through one or more small incisions. Minimally invasive procedures and surgeries are…
- Laparoscopic Surgery wherein a doctor performs surgery through small incisions in the skin using lighted tube with a camera.
- Endoscopy in which the doctor inserts a thin, flexible tube, a light and a camera on the tip into an opening of the body and examines the internal organs. This helps to extract samples of potentially abnormal tissue for further examination.
- Laser Surgery where removal of cancerous tissue is done using a narrow beam of high intensity light.