Paediatrics and Neonatology
Best Neonatology Hospital & Child Hospitals in India
Department of Paediatrics
Children are the foundation of our future, and to ensure that they enjoy a healthy life in future, it is important that their health is monitored right from childhood.
Children require special medical treatment that is very much different from the adults. Taking this into consideration, in late 1800, a special medical branch of medicine was developed for the children. This science is focused at providing special care and attention for the health and wellbeing of the children. The branch of paediatrics offers treatment for diseases and associated disorders in children, with astute observation and well-timed interventions.
Child specialists (pediatricians) are the doctors trained in paediatric diseases. The paediatricians are equally involved in the wellbeing, growth, and development of children. Young children are usually not able to communicate their problems; however, the team of experts at Shalby Hospital communicates about the medical problems with the patient so as to offer effective treatment.
The invention of vaccines have proved to be the most effective medical intervention for paediatrics. This has resulted in saving the lives of millions of children across the globe. The recent advancements in science have discovered new vaccinations to deal with the incurable or deadly diseases causing death or disability among children. The introduction of vaccination has resulted in the eradication of dangerous diseases such as Small POX, Diphtheria, Poliomyelitis, and Tuberculosis.
The team of expert paediatricians at Shalby Hospitals provide the latest and most effective treatment and vaccinations. We conduct a regular vaccination programme through our outpatient department, where the children are vaccinated and monitored for their growth and development.
Book your appointment today with best child specialist, pediatrician, paediatric surgeon in India.
Department of Neonatology
Neonatology is a fast developing and highly specialized branch which deals with not only the normal babies but also premature babies (babies born before 37 seven weeks of pregnancy) with low birth weight (less than 2.5 KG).
At Shalby Hospital, we have well-equipped and established ‘Neonatology’ unit. This unit specializes in Neonatal Ventilation and management of extremely low birth weight babies. The Neonatal Department along with Obstetrics unit & Gynaecology unit, provide Ante-natal care as well as Post-natal care.
Besides the advanced neonatal care, the department of paediatrics at Shalby Hospital also provides comprehensive care for children of all ages. Our services include regular outpatient department (OPD), Vaccination OPD, Admission facility, as well as emergency care.
Shalby Runs Three Paediatric Specialty Clinics:
- Paediatric allergy & asthma and respiratory disorder clinic
- Paediatric adolescent clinic
- Paediatric obesity clinic
These clinics are run by highly qualified and trained paediatricians who have thorough experience of treating a wide range of paediatrics and neonatal issues. Children require immediate attention and help, consult the team of experts at Shalby Hospital for immediate attention.
Services Offered by Paediatrics & Neonatology Department:
- Daily Paediatric OPD services
- 24 hour emergency services including consultation with specialists
- World-class management of acute childhood diseases including:
- Acute diarrhoeal diseases
- Viral fever
- Respiratory problems
- Other acute infectious diseases
- Diagnosis and management of chronic childhood disorders including:
- Rheumatoid disorders
- Congenital and acquired heart diseases
- Treatment for Neonatal problems including:
- Developmental problem
- Neural tube diseases
- Cerebral palsy
- Daily Vaccination Services
- Paediatric Allergy and Asthma Clinic, Respiratory Clinic, Paediatric Adolescent clinic, and Paediatric Obesity Clinic
- “Tertiary level Obstetrics and Neonatal Unit which deals with:
- Normal deliveries
- Caesarean Sections
- Normal New-borns
- High risk pregnancy
- Pre-term babies
- Small babies for the gestational age(IUGR)”
- “Fully equipped Neonatal department to manage patients of:
- Neonatal jaundice
- Hyaline membrane disease
- Neonatal septicaemia
- Neonatal surgical issues and emergencies
- Other related Neonatal diseases
- Paediatric Neurology
- Paediatric Orthopaedic
- Paediatric Cardiology”
Book Your Appointment for Pediatric Surgery or Child Health-related Treatment in Ahmedabad, Indore, Jabalpur and Jaipur.
Paediatric Orthopaedic Department The paediatric...Read More
Blog/Tips of the day
Paediatrics and Neonatology
Center Of Excellence
- Arthroplasty/TKR & Hip Replacement
- Arthroscopy – Sports Injury
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Cosmetic and Aesthetic
- Dental Cosmetic and Implantology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology – Diabetology
- Endoscopy and Laparoscopy
- ENT Surgery
- Gastroentero Surgery
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Hair Transplant
- Hip Joint Replacement
- Infectious Diseases
- Infertility and IVF
- Intensive and Critical Care
- Knee Joint Replacement
- Liver Diseases and Liver Transplant
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Nephrology – Dialysis Kidney Transplant
- Neuro Science Department
- Obesity Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Ophthalmology and Glaucoma
- Organ Donation
- Orthopaedic and Trauma
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Paediatrics and Neonatology
- Pathology And Microbiology
- Plastic Surgery
- Pulmonology and Chest
- Radiology and Imaging