Almost all Gastrointestinal (GI) surgeries fall under the spectrum of General Surgery. However, some gastrointestinal surgeries require special attention and expertise of a gastroenterologist. In recent years, along with gastroenterology, surgical gastroenterology has also become popular.
We at Shalby provide expert surgical gastroenterology treatment and our services in this field are comprehensive, covering the diseases of the pancreas, biliary tract, liver and spleen.
Advanced GI Surgical procedures offered at Shalby include:Pancreas:
- Necrosectomy, peritoneal drainage, and procedures for acute pancreatitis
- Surgery for Pseudo cysts, both open and laparoscopic
- Drainage and Resectional procedures for chronic pancreatitis - like lateral pancreaticojejunostomy, Frey’s and other pancreatic head preserving procedures
- Whipple’s procedure and other resectional procedures for periampullary and pancreatic tumors
Surgical intervention for benign and malignant surgical obstructive jaundice such as biliary strictures, CBD stones, etc.
- Management of Post-cholecystectomy complications
- Choledochal Cyst
- Carcinoma of the gallbladder, pancreas, and the bile duct
Our regular interventional and therapeutic endoscopies give us the expertise for ERCP and progressive therapeutic interventions like Papillotomy, CBD stone removal, and varied short and long-term stents.
Surgery for Ulcerative Colitis and Complicated Gastrointestinal Problems:
Pouch and Ileoanal procedures have revolutionized the treatment for Ulcerative Colitis. These procedures help to get rid of the disease with intact anal passage. This eliminates further need for a permanent ileostomy.
Arduous intestinal problems like multiple surgeries, intestinal fistulae, etc. are overlooked by a team of high expertise professionals at Shalby Hospitals.
Surgery for GI Cancers:
- All progressive surgery for GI cancer
- Surgery for cancer of the oesophagus, stomach, small and large intestine
- Colorectal cancers
- Hepatobiliary and pancreatic cancers
Surgery for Liver and Portal Hypertension:
- Surgery for benign and malignant tumors i.e. hepatic resections
- Portasystemic vascular shunt procedures like splenectomy, lienorenal shunt, and other shunt procedures
- Oesophago-gastric devascularisation for cirrhotic patients
- Procedures for intractable Ascites
Surgery for GI Hemorrhage:
This area always requires careful coordination with other departments such as Medical Gastroenterology, and Radiology in order to figure out the cause of obscure GI Bleed. Both the medical and surgical team join hands to work together to provide the best of the treatment to a GI Hemorrhage patient, at Shalby.
Laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appendectomy, and other advanced laparoscopic procedures are being practiced by experts at Shalby. Also, the other advanced laparoscopic surgery like colorectal surgery and GI cancer surgery are available at Shalby Hospitals.
With all modern amenities and critical care ICUs equipped with the latest monitoring and therapeutic gazettes, Shalby Hospitals render an excellent course of treatment for a wide range of GI diseases. The huge infrastructure, latest equipment available under one roof, and the expertise of devoted medical and paramedical personnel makes Shalby one of the best Gastroenterology Surgery Hospitals in India.
Contact Shalby Hospital for extensive Gastroenterology Surgeries and Liver Surgeries.
Get all information about our branches Click Here
Blog/Tips of the day
No doctor found
Center Of Excellence
- Arthroplasty/TKR & Hip Replacement
- Arthroscopy – Sports Injury
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Cosmetic and Aesthetic
- Dental Cosmetic and Implantology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology – Diabetology
- Endoscopy and Laparoscopy
- ENT Surgery
- Gastroentero Surgery
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Hair Transplant
- Hip Joint Replacement
- Infectious Diseases
- Infertility and IVF
- Intensive and Critical Care
- Knee Joint Replacement
- Liver Transplant in India
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Nephrology – Dialysis Kidney Transplant
- Neuro Science Department
- Obesity Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Ophthalmology and Glaucoma
- Organ Donation
- Orthopaedic and Trauma
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Paediatrics and Neonatology
- Pathology And Microbiology
- Plastic Surgery
- Pulmonology and Chest
- Radiology and Imaging
- Spine Surgery