Keeping pace with the Medical Gastroenterology, Surgical Gastroenterology has also taken giant leaps of advancements in recent years. Nearly all the Gastrointestinal Surgeries are part of the spectrum of General Surgery, but only a few Gastrointestinal Surgeries require special attention and expertise which can only be provided by a specialist Gastroenterologist.
We, at Shalby Hospitals, work with experts in the department of Surgical Gastroenterology, promising to deliver exclusive and comprehensive services to patients with arduous diseases of the pancreas, biliary tract, gastrointestinal tract, liver, and spleen.
Advanced GI Surgical procedures offered by the department include:Pancreas:
Pancreatic Surgery is the main area of focus for this department. The various procedures available at Shalby are:
- Necrosectomy, peritoneal drainage, and procedures for acute pancreatitis
- Surgery for pseudocysts, both open and laparoscopic
- Both drainage and resectional procedures for chronic pancreatitis - like lateral pancreaticojejunostomy, Frey’s and other pancreatic head preserving procedures
- Whipple’s procedure and other resectional procedures for periampullary and pancreatic tumors
Surgery for benign and malignant surgical obstructive jaundice including biliary strictures, CBD stones, etc. are available at Shalby.
- Postcholecystectomy complications are actively managed
- Choledochal cyst
- Carcinoma of the gallbladder, pancreas, and the bile duct
Our professional interventional and therapeutic endoscopies give us expertise for ERCP and progressive therapeutic interventions like Papillotomy, CBD stone removal, and varied short and long-term stents.
Surgery for ulcerative colitis and complicated gastrointestinal problems:
Pouch and Ileoanal procedures have completely revolutionized treatment for Ulcerative Colitis, allowing to get rid of the disease by surgery with intact anal passage. There is no further need for a permanent ileostomy.
Arduous intestinal problems like multiple surgeries, intestinal fistulae, etc. are overlooked by a team of high expertise professionals at Shalby Hospitals.
Surgery for GI Cancers:
- All progressive surgery for GI cancer
- Surgery for cancer of the oesophagus, stomach, small and large intestine
- Colorectal cancers
- Hepatobiliary and pancreatic cancers
Surgery for Liver and Portal Hypertension:
- Surgery for benign and malignant tumors i.e. hepatic resections
- Portasystemic vascular shunt procedures like splenectomy, lienorenal shunt, and other shunt procedures
- Oesophago-gastric devascularisation for cirrhotic patients
- Procedures for intractable Ascites
Surgery for GI Hemorrhage:
This area always requires careful coordination with other departments such as Medical Gastroenterology, and Radiology in order to figure out the cause of obscure GI Bleed. Both the medical and surgical team join hands to work together to provide the best of the treatment to a GI Hemorrhage patient, at Shalby.
Laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appendectomy, and other advanced laparoscopic procedures are being practiced by experts at Shalby. Also, the other advanced laparoscopic surgery like colorectal surgery and GI cancer surgery are available at Shalby Hospitals.
With all modern amenities and critical care ICUs equipped with the latest monitoring and therapeutic gazettes, Shalby Hospitals render an excellent course of treatment for a wide range of GI diseases. The huge infrastructure, latest equipment available under one roof, and the expertise of devoted medical and paramedical personnel makes Shalby one of the best Gastroenterology Surgery Hospitals in India.
Contact Shalby Hospital for extensive Gastroenterology Surgeries and Liver Surgeries.
Blog/Tips of the day
Center Of Excellence
- Arthroplasty/TKR & Hip Replacement
- Arthroscopy – Sports Injury
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Cosmetic and Aesthetic
- Dental Cosmetic and Implantology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology – Diabetology
- Endoscopy and Laparoscopy
- ENT Surgery
- Gastroentero Surgery
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Hair Transplant
- Hip Joint Replacement
- Infectious Diseases
- Infertility and IVF
- Intensive and Critical Care
- Knee Joint Replacement
- Liver Diseases and Liver Transplant
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Nephrology – Dialysis Kidney Transplant
- Neuro Science Department
- Obesity Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Ophthalmology and Glaucoma
- Organ Donation
- Orthopaedic and Trauma
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Paediatrics and Neonatology
- Pathology And Microbiology
- Plastic Surgery
- Pulmonology and Chest
- Radiology and Imaging