Balloon Sinuplasty is a safe and minimally invasive procedure that opens sinus passages. Balloon Sinuplasty uses a small, flexible balloon catheter to open inflamed sinuses. The balloon catheter is placed into the nose to reach the inflamed sinuses, and gently inflated to restructure the previously blocked nasal passage.
Unlike conventional sinus surgery, Balloon Sinuplasty preserves the normal anatomy of the sinuses and mucosal tissue, and does not require the removal of bone and tissue.
After Balloon Sinuplasty, the sinuses remain open, allowing the return of normal sinus drainage and relief of sinus pressure.
The Facts About Chronic Sinusitis:
Sinusitis affects millions of people each year, making it a common health problem in India and around the world.
When you have acute or chronic sinusitis, the mucous membranes of your nose, sinuses and throat become inflamed, possibly from pre-existing cold or allergies. Swelling obstructs the sinus openings and prevents normal mucus drainage, causing mucus and pressure to build up.
- Being tired
- Drainage of a thick, yellow or greenish discharge from the nose
- Nasal obstruction or congestion
- Tenderness and swelling around the eyes, cheeks, nose and forehead and/or a reduced sense of smell and taste
Chronic sinusitis often goes undiagnosed for a very long period and is therefore managed by increasingly high doses of decongestants and nasal and oral steroids.
Previously, the only surgical option for clearing blocked sinuses was known as endoscopic sinus surgery (ESS), which removes bone and tissue from the nose to enlarge the sinus opening. This removal of bone and tissue can require uncomfortable nasal packing after surgery and lead to post-surgery pain and scarring.
How does Balloon Sinuplasty work?
In Balloon Sinuplasty, inflamed sinuses are opened in the same way that doctors open up blocked arteries during balloon angioplasty.
Frontal Sinus Ballonplasty
Maxillary Sinus Ballonplasty
Advantages of Balloon Sinuplasty Devices:
- Safe design (Eg. Atraumatic wire)
- Zero adverse events in clinical studies
- Less general anesthesia time and necessity
- Patency: Extremely low patency & revision rates
- CT Scan: Consistent improvement in Lund-MacKay CT scores
- Symptoms: Significantly improved SNOT-20 sinus symptoms/QOL scores
- Less invasive
- Less trauma
- Less pain
- Less recovery time
- Less scarring
- Less follow-up procedures
Contact Shalby Hospitals for Balloon Sinuplasty in India.
No doctor found
Center Of Excellence
- Arthroscopy – Sports Injury
- Ophthalmology and Glaucoma
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Obesity Surgery
- Neuro Science
- Orthopaedic and Trauma
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Spine Surgery
- Radiology and Imaging
- Pulmonology and Chest
- Plastic Surgery
- Paediatrics and Neonatology
- Pathology And Microbiology
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Knee Joint Replacement
- ENT Surgery
- Endoscopy and Laparoscopy
- Endocrinology – Diabetology
- Emergency Medicine
- Dental Cosmetic and Implantology
- Cosmetic and Aesthetic
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Gastroentero Surgery
- Intensive and Critical Care
- Infertility and IVF
- Infectious Diseases
- Hip Joint Replacement
- Liver Transplant
- Hair Transplant
- General Surgery
- General Medicine
- Organ Donation
- Knee Replacement in Indore