Blood Cancer Causes, Treatment & Recovery At Shalby Hospital
Posted On: February 25, 2022
Posted By: Shalby Team
Blood cancer is a group of cancers that wreak havoc on a patient's health and well-being, often leading to death if left untreated. The fact of the matter is that blood cancer treatment is both widely accessible and continuously changing. The recovery rates are increasing as treatment modalities keep improving. Recent medical advancements have found certain gene mutations that can be targeted for a smooth and responsible recuperation, providing the intervention is started early enough.
Diving Deep Into A Hazardous DiseaseBlood cancer is a type of cancer that develops from any type of blood cell and can damage any organ in the body. Blood cancer is typically associated with impaired production of normal blood components and/or dysfunction of blood components in the bone marrow and lymphatic system of the body, resulting in lower immunogenicity and, in some cases, decreased platelet numbers and hemoglobin, which can lead to an increased risk of infection, bleeding propensities, and tiredness or lethargy. Lymphoma node proliferation can appear as nodules around the neck or other organs.
The Broad Classification Of Blood DisordersBlood malignancies can be categorized into numerous types based on the cell of origin or the compromised tissues, as well as the difficulties they cause.
- Acute leukaemia
- Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL)
- Multiple Myeloma is a kind of myeloma
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML)
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Lethargy, loss of muscle mass, drowsiness, vague body aches, fever, weight loss, and engulfing night sweats
- Swellings in the neck, armpits, groin, and abdomen. Due to a lump/mass or organomegaly, there is a fullness or hardness in the abdomen.
- Purpura and ecchymoses (red-black spots or patches on the skin), as well as gum leaks, are all indications of bleeding.
- Gum swellings, headaches
- Boils, pneumonia, fungal infections
- Bone aches and fractures that occur without much trauma or injury
Silver Lining - Treatment Options For Blood CancerBone marrow transplantation is recommended by top blood cancer specialists as one of the most effective therapies for blood cancer. The doctor extracts cells from the bone marrow and injects them into the bloodstream during a bone marrow transplant procedure. It produces new red blood cells to replace malignant cells in the body. Furthermore, you may be required to visit the hospital at least three to four times every week. A cure for blood cancer is always hoped for, and it is possible in a considerable number of cases. Chemotherapy is another treatment for this. However, after successful chemotherapy, patients should maintain a healthy lifestyle, follow doctors' instructions, and undergo tests and physical examinations on a regular basis. There may be certain challenges following chemotherapy, which should be discussed with your doctor and adequately addressed. These are: Organ functioning, such as heart functioning :
- Should be checked on a regular basis.
- Complete physical examinations, blood tests, and, if necessary, radiological testing is performed on a regular basis to look for indicators of recurrence of the same cancer or another malignancy.
- Social and family life
- Employment and education
- Functions of the sex and reproductive organs: In fact, sperm cryopreservation can be addressed with your doctor prior to beginning cancer chemotherapy.
Shalby Hospital - Treating Cancer Patients For YearsShalby Hospitals is one of the premier cancer treatment centres in Jaipur, providing complete cancer treatment. The Centre has cutting-edge technology, world-class infrastructure, and highly skilled staff of Surgical, Medical, and Radiation Oncologists who collaborate to deliver exceptional individualized care. Patients have access to the full range of cancer therapies, surgeries, and specialists, many of whom are world-renowned experts in their fields. New technology at the centre has enhanced cancer diagnosis and treatment, ensuring that patients receive the most up-to-date and advanced cancer care. Our Goal Is To Provide:
- The most effective blood cancer treatment In India.
- Radiation therapy in Jaipur and other major cities that stays true to its roots
- We are working to become the most comprehensive cancer hospital in Jaipur and other major cities.
- Investing in cutting-edge technology as well as medical expertise such as a radiation oncologist in Jaipur and other key cities.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Shalby Hospitals (Shalby Limited) is recognised as a multispecialty hospital chain in the Indian healthcare industry. Dr Vikram I. Shah established the first hospital in 1994 in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Dr. Shah has been felicitated by Ethicon India for the development…View
Center Of Excellence
- Organ Donation
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Hair Transplant
- Liver Transplant in India
- Hip Joint Replacement
- Infectious Diseases
- Infertility and IVF
- Intensive and Critical Care
- Gastroentero Surgery
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Cosmetic and Aesthetic
- Dental Cosmetic and Implantology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology – Diabetology
- Endoscopy and Laparoscopy
- ENT Surgery
- Knee Joint Replacement
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Pathology And Microbiology
- Paediatrics and Neonatology
- Plastic Surgery
- Pulmonology and Chest
- Radiology and Imaging
- Spine Surgery
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic and Trauma
- Neuro Science
- Obesity Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Ophthalmology and Glaucoma
- Arthroscopy – Sports Injury