Everything You Need to Know About Dental Implants
Posted On: April 26, 2022
Dental implants are artificial structures that replace a missing tooth. The best dentist in India inserts these artificial structures or implants into the jawbone, acting similar to the original tooth. The crown of these dental implants is also custom-made to fit the patient’s mouth and match the color of their teeth. It makes them look, feel and even function like natural teeth.
What are the advantages of Dental Implants?
Dental Implants in Ahmedabad offer several advantages over removable teeth, such as:
- The implants look completely natural and are more comfortable than removable teeth.
- The implants have higher success rates.
- These implants function similar to original teeth and improve chewing function.
- Implants also lead to a lower risk of cavity formation in surrounding teeth.
- These lead to better maintenance of bone at the site of the lost tooth.
- These also lead to decreased sensitivity in the surrounding teeth.
- Unlike removable teeth, implants are permanent and do not need to be taken out or cleaned every night.
What happens when you visit the best Dental Hospital in India ?
When you visit the dental hospital, your dentist will conduct a thorough dental checkup to address your specific needs and create a treatment plan. The dentist will recommend a dental implant under the following conditions:
- If you have one or more missing teeth.
- If you are unable to or unwilling to wear dentures.
- If your jawbone has reached its full growth.
- If your bone is adequate to support the implant.
- If you do not have any health condition that may affect bone healing.
- If you want to improve your speech.
A team of the best oral surgeons in the city will guide you on dental implants and give you a brief about dental implant costs in India. The surgeons will then take impressions of your teeth and create a model of your bite. The bite will capture all of your teeth, type, and arrangement in your oral cavity. Your new tooth will be custom-made on this model. Furthermore, your dentist will also match the colour of your new teeth to your natural teeth. This is done to make it look, feel, and function just like your natural teeth.
What happens during Dental Implant surgery?
Your dentist will give you local anaesthesia to control pain levels. The entire process of surgery includes multiple steps:
- Removing damaged tooth
- Jawbone preparation
- Placing dental implant
- Bone growth and healing
- Placing abutment
- Placing artificial tooth
These steps can take a few months to finish depending upon your condition. The process ensures the healing of the jawbone and its growth before placing the artificial tooth; hence, it may take some time.
What happens after the surgery?
You may experience certain discomfort after the surgery, such as
- Swelling of your gums or face.
- Bruising of your gums.
- Slight pain at the implant site.
- Minor bleeding.
Shalby Hospitals is a multi-specialty dental hospital providing excellent dental care and dental implantology to our patients. With more than 28 years of serving the country, we are renowned worldwide for our advanced treatments. Our highly experienced team of dental surgeons, dental cosmetologists, dentists, and nurses provide round-the-clock treatment, support, and care to the patients. Our team is driven to innovate new treatments by utilizing cutting-edge expertise and technology. We put to use, the highest quality materials and efficient practices for the well-being of the community. At the same time, all of these procedures also give a natural, healthy, and perfect smile.
At our Dental Cosmetics and Implantology Centre, we provide overall dental treatments from preventive dentistry to restorative dentistry and periodontics. We restore the smile of our patients by ensuring individualized treatment care and solutions. Know more about us here.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Center Of Excellence
- Knee Replacement in Jaipur
- Knee Replacement in Indore
- Knee Replacement in Surat
- Knee Replacement in Jabalpur
- Knee Replacement in Ahmedabad
- Organ Donation
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Hair Transplant
- Liver Transplant
- Hip Joint Replacement
- Infectious Diseases
- Infertility and IVF
- Intensive and Critical Care
- Gastroentero Surgery
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Cosmetic and Aesthetic
- Dental Cosmetic and Implantology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology – Diabetology
- Endoscopy and Laparoscopy
- ENT Surgery
- Knee Joint Replacement
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Pathology And Microbiology
- Paediatrics and Neonatology
- Plastic Surgery
- Pulmonology and Chest
- Radiology and Imaging
- Spine Surgery
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic and Trauma
- Neuro Science
- Obesity Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Ophthalmology and Glaucoma
- Arthroscopy – Sports Injury