Common Sports Injuries – Treatment and Some Prevention Tips
Posted On: February 17, 2023
A sports injury is a common injury that a person may face while playing any sport. In major cases, it causes severe pain. There are three types of sports injuries: acute (sudden), chronic (long-term), and complete/partial tear(s). Acute injuries include sprains, strains, and bruises. They are usually not serious and don't take long to heal, but the other two types may make you feel very sore for several days or even months.
If you want to keep playing sports or are dealing with any sports injury, it's important to know how to treat your injuries. In this article, we'll discuss common types of sports injuries and also share some tips to help you prevent such injuries.
Sports that may result in Sports Injuries
Sports injuries are an integral part of a sportsperson’s life. They can be caused by a variety of factors, including the type of sport, age, and weight of the person injured. Sports injuries are common in many different types of sports. Some examples include:
● Football Injuries: The most common kind of injury related to football is a sprained ankle or knee ligament. A sprained ankle can be very painful and may need to be treated with an ice pack and rest. Other injuries include muscle pulls, bruises, and strains that require treatment from a doctor or physical therapist for recovery time before resuming to play again.
● Cricket Injuries: Cricket injuries are more likely to occur due to the bat hitting the ball coming towards the batsman at a high velocity which in turn highly impacts the batsman body owing to the jerk. Other injuries related to cricket include sprains, muscle pulls, cuts, etc.
● Hockey Injuries: Hockey injuries mainly include hip joint muscle pain and soft tissue injuries to the players like strain on groin region, hip flexor strain along with medial collateral ligament, anterior cruciate ligament disruption, meniscus tears, or torn cartilage.
How does a Sports Injury Occur?
Dislocations, sprains, and tears in the muscles and tendons that connect bones to other parts of the body (joints) are all common sports injuries. These conditions may be caused by overuse or sudden trauma, like a hard fall or collision with another player on the field.
They can also occur when you're playing a sport that involves repeated twisting movements such as basketball or soccer. This is especially true if you play these sports often and haven't taken time off to let your body heal properly between the sessions. These injuries may affect your performance, which is why it's important to know how to prevent them from happening in the first place. Here are some prevention tips mentioned.
Tips to Prevent Sports Injury
● It is very crucial to warm up before exercise. This will help the muscles remain prepared for activities and make them more flexible.
● Always cool down after exercising by taking short walks or jogging in place for about 10 minutes or until you feel completely relaxed (but not dizzy).
● Drink plenty of water throughout the day so that your body has enough fluids to stay hydrated during physical activity—this helps keep blood flowing through your body efficiently and reduces swelling (if any) that occurs after exercise.
● Wear appropriate clothing when participating in any kind of sport: think lightweight fabrics like cotton shirts and shorts since they don't weigh much but still provide protection against injuries caused by impact from falling onto hard surfaces like concrete floors.
Shalby Hospitals - Get the Best Sports Injury Treatment in India
If you have been injured in a sports activity, your first move should be to seek the help of a doctor. You may not need surgery or an extended stay at the hospital, but it is best to get medical attention as soon as possible to make sure that your injury doesn’t get worse. If you are unable to see a doctor on your own, consider visiting a Shalby Hospital branch near you for the best Sports Injury Treatment.
Our cutting-edge tools and technical machinery are highly advanced and will detect every sport-related issue in your body. Shalby Hospitals is the hospital that provides the best sports injury treatment to those in need. Our hospital consists of highly professional staff and the top sports injury doctors in Ahmedabad, we offer 24-hour emergency care to patients. Our staff is friendly and proactive towards your needs and care. Remember, prevention might be unavoidable but care should be the best, and that’s why Shalby Hospital is the ideal option for you.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Center Of Excellence
- Knee Replacement in Jaipur
- Knee Replacement in Indore
- Knee Replacement in Surat
- Knee Replacement in Jabalpur
- Knee Replacement in Ahmedabad
- Organ Donation
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Hair Transplant
- Liver Transplant
- Hip Joint Replacement
- Infectious Diseases
- Infertility and IVF
- Intensive and Critical Care
- Gastroentero Surgery
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Cosmetic and Aesthetic
- Dental Cosmetic and Implantology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology – Diabetology
- Endoscopy and Laparoscopy
- ENT Surgery
- Knee Joint Replacement
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Pathology And Microbiology
- Paediatrics and Neonatology
- Plastic Surgery
- Pulmonology and Chest
- Radiology and Imaging
- Spine Surgery
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic and Trauma
- Neuro Science
- Obesity Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Ophthalmology and Glaucoma
- Arthroscopy – Sports Injury