Shalby Institute of Rehabilitation Sciences (SIRS)
WHAT IS REHABILITATION?
Rehabilitation is defined by WHO (World Health Organisation) as, “A set of interventions designed to optimize functioning and reduce disability in individuals with health conditions in interaction with their environment”. To further simplify
Normality differs from person to person. This normality is in context to the daily living and functioning of the individual. Hence, the life the individual lives at their own personal normal standards.
UNPLEASANT INCIDENT / SITUATION
- Psychiatric/mental disorder (Anxiety, Depression, Schizophrenia, etc.)
- Any physical Illnesses, Terminal Illnesses, Palliative Care
- Addiction – Alcohol, Drug, Technology, Tobacco, etc.
- Trauma (Psychological/ Physiological)
- Eating disorder
- Body image issues
- Functional difficulty
- Any sort of abuse
- Family problems
- Traumatic life event (death, divorce, sexual abuse, etc.)
Physiological or Psychological
New normal or trying to bring the individual closer to normal, as close as possible
WHY ONE NEEDS REHABILITATION?
- Rehabilitation is an essential part of universal health coverage.
- Rehabilitation helps a child, adult or older person to be as independent as possible in everyday activities
- Enables participation in education, work, recreation and meaningful life roles
- The need for rehabilitation worldwide is predicted to increase due to changes in the health and characteristics of the population. For example, people are living longer, but with more chronic disease and disability and mental health issues
ADVANTAGES OF REHABILITATION SERVICES
- Rehabilitation can reduce the impact of a broad range of health conditions, including diseases (acute or chronic), illnesses, injuries and mental health issues
- It can complement medical and surgical interventions, helping to achieve the best outcome possible
- Rehabilitation helps to minimize or slow down the disabling effects of chronic health conditions
- Increase Physical Capacity
- Reduces pain so the individual can become more active and enjoy life without suffering from discomfort
- Strengthens muscles to reduce risk of falls
- Improves coordination for better mobility and easier movement
- Improves flexibility – physical therapy for injury can help in achieving a full range of motion in the joints and muscles
- Reduces swelling in the affected joints and muscles.
- Improves balance.
- Prevents deformities and limb problems.
- Corrects your gait and posture problems.
- Enhances your self-confidence and your ability to deal psychologically with your illness,
- Provides you with greater independence
USP OF SIRS
- Uniquely supervised by medical specialists like Spine, Neuro, Gastro, Critical Care or Cancer Specialists
- One-stop destination for Physiological as well as Psychological Rehabilitation Services
- The centre is equipped with a range of advanced modalities and equipment.
- Our motto is to deliver tailor-made care & Holistic Healing to each individual at an affordable cost.
- located into lush green surroundings, away from the city’s hustle & bustle, providing the peace & serenity required for physical & mental healing
- 24 X 7 support of emergency & on-call medical specialist
- The in-Patient facility, as well as the out-patient facilities, are aesthetically designed
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Musculoskeletal: Joint and muscles pain, Frozen Shoulder, Trigger point Release Joint osteoarthritis
- Spinal Rehab: Slipped Disc, Sciatica, Low back pain, Paraplegia/Quadriplegia, Radiculopathy, Cervicogenic Headache
- Post OP Rehab: Total knee/Hip Replacement, Bony fracture Rehab, Tendon Repairs, Joint stiffness
- Neuro-Physiotherapy: Hemiplegia (Stroke), Parkinson’s disease, GBS, Multiple sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, Nerve Injury (Facial Nerve Palsy)
- Sports Injury: Ankle sprain, Muscles injury/strain, Tendonitis
- Women’s Health: Pre/Post Pregnancy Classes, Women’s Incontinence, Pelvic Floor Muscles Re-education
- Pain Management Physiotherapy
- Geriatric Rehabilitation
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Behaviour Modification Therapy
- Vocational Counselling
- Life Skill Training for Adolescents
- Individual Centric Therapy
- De-addiction Services
- Psychotherapy for Psychiatric/Mental Disorders
- Psychotherapy for people with disabilities
- Group Therapy
- Stress Management
- Psychological Assessments
To get more information and an appointment, please call 99044 53322, 99242 33369.