Cancer Hospital in Surat
Cancer is a result of uncontrolled growth of abnormal body cells. Due to the abnormal growth of cells in the body, normal body tissues and organs damage slowly. If not treated on time, it may even spread throughout the body.
Anything that leads to abnormal growth of body cells can be the cause of cancer. The general categories of causative or cancer-related agents are toxic compound exposure, chemical exposure, some pathogens, ionizing radiations and human genetics.
With the rate people are being affected by cancer, it is the second leading cause of death in the world. But with the advanced cancer screening and treatment in the best cancer hospitals in the world, the survival rate is also improving.
Symptoms of cancer
The symptoms of cancer depend on what particular body part is affected by cancer. However, some general symptoms and signs associated with cancer are:
- Tiredness or fatigue
- Lump formation or thickening of the skin in a particular area
- Change in skin colouration, such as redness, yellowness or darkening of the skin
- Formation of sores that won’t heal easily
- Weight changes like unintended gain or loss
- Changes in bladder or bowel habits
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Trouble in breathing or persistent cough
- Persistent discomfort or indigestion after eating
- Unexplained, persistent joint or muscle pain
- Unexplained bruising or bleeding
- Persistent night sweats or fevers
Best Cancer Hospital in Surat
Shalby Hospital with state-of-art facilities, equipment and advanced technology has expertise in offering the best cancer treatment in Surat. Our team of cancer specialists/surgeons/doctors and other medical staff work together to treat cancer patients at different stages.
Cancer treatment at our hospital has evolved over time. We follow the multi-disciplinary treatment approach and comprehensive cancer care.
Using advanced equipment our specialists offer:
- Cancer Screening: Colon cancer, Breast cancer, Prostate cancer, Cervical cancer or more
- Advanced diagnosis of any type of cancer
- Advanced therapies for treating cancer
- Follow-ups after the treatment to ensure a speedy recovery
- Pain management for patients after cancer treatment
- Palliative care of patients suffering from terminal malignancies
We aim at relieving the symptoms of cancer, curing the patient and prolonging their life. The early detection of cancer leads to an effective cure. So, it’s best to consult a doctor as soon as you notice any symptoms of cancer.
Cancer Treatment option in Surat
The treatment option for cancer treatment depends on the stage and type of cancer, your preferences and your general health. Keeping these things in mind, the doctor weighs down the risks of each treatment/procedure to determine the best treatment for you.
Some common cancer treatment options available at Shalby Hospital in Surat are:
- Chemotherapy: It aims to eradicate cancer cells by targeting driving cells with medications. Administered drugs can help in shrinking tumours.
- Hormone therapy: It includes administering medications that may change how hormones interfere or work with the body’s ability to release them. This therapy is useful in treating breast cancer and prostate cancer.
- Immunotherapy: It uses certain medications and therapies for boosting your immune system while encouraging it to combat cancer cells.
- Radiation therapy: In this treatment, the high-dose radiations are targeted at the cancer-affected area.
- Surgery: It is recommended when a patient has a cancerous tumour in their body.
No doctor found
Center Of Excellence
- Arthroplasty/TKR & Hip Replacement
- Arthroscopy – Sports Injury
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Cosmetic and Aesthetic
- Dental Cosmetic and Implantology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology – Diabetology
- Endoscopy and Laparoscopy
- ENT Surgery
- Gastroentero Surgery
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Hair Transplant
- Hip Joint Replacement
- Infectious Diseases
- Infertility and IVF
- Intensive and Critical Care
- Knee Joint Replacement
- Liver Transplant in India
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Nephrology – Dialysis Kidney Transplant
- Neuro Science Department
- Obesity Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Ophthalmology and Glaucoma
- Organ Donation
- Orthopaedic and Trauma
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Paediatrics and Neonatology
- Pathology And Microbiology
- Plastic Surgery
- Pulmonology and Chest
- Radiology and Imaging
- Spine Surgery