Spine Surgery In India.
Posted On: October 30, 2021
TYPES OF SPINE SURGERIES
- Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty: These are used to treat compression fractures of the vertebrae caused by osteoporosis.
- Spinal Laminectomy/Spinal Decompression: This is done when spinal stenosis brings about a narrowing of the spinal canal which results in pain, numbness, or weakness.
- Discectomy: This is a surgery to remove the disk that is herniated and presses on a nerve root or the spinal cord.
- Foraminotomy: The surgeon enlarges the bony hole where a nerve root exits the spinal canal to prevent bulging discs or joints which are thickened with age because the nerve has been pressing down constantly.
- Nucleoplasty is also called Plasma Disk Decompression: This is a laser surgery where radiofrequency energy is used for the treatment of back pain in people having mildly herniated discs.
- Spinal Fusion: The surgeon usually makes an estimation of the spinal disc between two or more vertebrae and then fuses the adjacent vertebrae using a bone graft or sometimes a metal body.
- Artificial Disc Replacement: This procedure requires the removal of the disc; it is later replaced by a synthetic disc that also restores height and movement.
How do I manage pain during my recovery?
Back surgery causes pain in the post-op phase and hence you should be ready and aware of the factors that could help in easing out the pain.
Some factors to consider:
- Medications such as opioids, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, corticosteroids, and local anesthetics. Your doctor will decide what works best for you.
- Opioids should be used with proper guidance to avoid any kind of addiction and manage side effects, some of which can be life-threatening.
- Alternative or complementary methods of pain relief that do not involve medicines can also be discussed with your doctor.
- MRI Scan (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- CT/CAT Scans (Computer Assisted Tomography)
- EMG/SSP (Electro-diagnostic Study)
- Facet Joint Block
- Spinal Tap
Spine Surgery Cost in India?
Usually, the average cost of spine surgery in India is approx. is Rs. 1,89,000.00 to Rs. 8,50,000.00 / 2,561 USD – 11,518 USD. Keep in mind that this varies with cities and procedures.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Center Of Excellence
- Spine Surgery
- Radiology and Imaging
- Pulmonology and Chest
- Plastic Surgery
- Pathology And Microbiology
- Paediatrics and Neonatology
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic and Trauma
- Organ Donation
- Ophthalmology and Glaucoma
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Obesity Surgery
- Neuro Science Department
- Nephrology – Dialysis Kidney Transplant
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Liver Transplant in India
- Knee Joint Replacement
- Intensive and Critical Care
- Infertility and IVF
- Infectious Diseases
- Hip Joint Replacement
- Hair Transplant
- General Surgery
- General Medicine
- Gastroentero Surgery
- ENT Surgery
- Endoscopy and Laparoscopy
- Endocrinology – Diabetology
- Emergency Medicine
- Dental Cosmetic and Implantology
- Cosmetic and Aesthetic
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Arthroscopy – Sports Injury
- Arthroplasty/TKR & Hip Replacement