Back Pain and Slip Disc Treatment in India
Posted On: October 28, 2021
Spinal discs segregate each vertebra from another and soak up the shock and trauma of the body. Without these, one would be grinding the bones together and no absorption of shock or trauma would be happening. Apart from protecting, these also give the spine the flexibility to bend and twist.
If by any chance, the strong outer layer is ruptured, the gel-like center can lead into the spinal canal. This can cause intense pain in your back, along with weakness in an arm or leg. Numbness is also noticed because the nerve signals have been restricted. Contact Shalby Hospitals for treatment by some of the best doctors for slip disc treatment.
Age is a major contributor to disc herniation. With age as the discs wear gradually, very tiny cracks form on the outer surface, creating an escape area for the gel-like interior.Trauma
Trauma is the second leading cause of a herniated disc. You can cause potential harm while lifting something heavy or twisting abruptly.
What are the Symptoms of a Herniated Disc?Signs & Symptoms include:
- A faint aching feeling on one side of the body
- Feeling of pain while you cough, sneeze, or move into certain positions
- Numbness, tingling, burning sensations, which usually generates from the pinched nerve
- Pain that worsens with sitting, as well as standing, walking, and other activities
- Muscle weakness or spasm that affects the ability to grip and lift objects
- Balance issues also causes limping
- Slow reflexes
- Difficulty getting up from a seated position
- Inability to remain in one position for an extended period of time
- Poor posture
- Loss of bowel control or control over bladder
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS) and Electromyogram (EMG)
At Shalby Hospitals, we have world-class technology accurate diagnosis for a personalized treatment plan. Consult with the best doctors for slip disc treatment to know what is right for you.
- Get to a healthy weight. Excess weight can be a major cause of compression in the spine
- Quit smoking. Smoking is considered a major risk
- Do low-impact activity. Bed rest may be very tempting to give in, but it can lead to more muscle stiffness and weakness.
- Do core exercises. Your doctor or physiotherapist will suggest exercises that are safe for you to make your flexibility better.
- Consider an epidural steroid injection: Your doctor may suggest a type of injection, called an ESI, as a minimally invasive procedure that can reduce inflammation in the affected nerve.
What Surgical Procedures Treat Herniated Discs?
There are 2 main surgical procedures for a lumbar herniated disc.
This procedure removes portions of the disc helping in relieving the pressure on the spinal column. Microdiscectomy is sometimes called micro decompression.
During a laminectomy, a portion of the vertebral bone is removed. This brings about more space for the nerves.
3. Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF) or Cervical Disc Replacement (CDR)
ACDF or CDR are both surgeries that eliminate the herniated disc and then a bone graft or an artificial disc is placed.
4. Microlamino Foraminotomy
In this surgery, the surgeon very skilfully removes a part of the bone so that the pinched nerves get a little space.
After the surgery, most patients feel relief from symptoms like pain, numbness, and weakness right away. However, it might take several weeks or months for the nerves to fully recover. Contact the best doctor for back pain treatment, to get diagnosed and receive a personalized plan for desired results.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Center Of Excellence
- Spine Surgery
- Radiology and Imaging
- Pulmonology and Chest
- Plastic Surgery
- Pathology And Microbiology
- Paediatrics and Neonatology
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic and Trauma
- Organ Donation
- Ophthalmology and Glaucoma
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Obesity Surgery
- Neuro Science Department
- Nephrology – Dialysis Kidney Transplant
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Liver Transplant in India
- Knee Joint Replacement
- Intensive and Critical Care
- Infertility and IVF
- Infectious Diseases
- Hip Joint Replacement
- Hair Transplant
- General Surgery
- General Medicine
- Gastroentero Surgery
- ENT Surgery
- Endoscopy and Laparoscopy
- Endocrinology – Diabetology
- Emergency Medicine
- Dental Cosmetic and Implantology
- Cosmetic and Aesthetic
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Arthroscopy – Sports Injury
- Arthroplasty/TKR & Hip Replacement