Shalby’s Hip Joint Replacement Helps Mrs. Teresia Adoyo Overcome Years of Pain
Posted On: December 18, 2017
Being 78, Mrs. Teresia Adoyo’s fear of undergoing a hip replacement surgery was quite justified as she never really could put her trust in the treatment modality.
However, things changed for good when she met Dr. Manu Sharma, Orthopedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon of Shalby Hospitals in Nairobi, Kenya. The positive feedback about Shalby that she received from a family friend, along with Dr. Manu Sharma’s strong words of encouragement made Mrs. Teresia take that first step towards overcoming the disturbing pain.
She successfully underwent hip replacement surgery at Krishna Shalby, Ahmedabad. The surgery results left her overwhelmed with emotions and she was really glad to have put her trust in Shalby’s expertise in hip joint replacement. In her words, Shalby helped her get back the smile, she had forgotten about all these years because of the pain.
"So was the pain, I was going through for over four years now. Both my hip joints had worn out and I used to bend my body even to take a few steps. The consultation with various orthopaedic doctors in Nairobi suggested for my bilateral Hip replacement. However, I was reluctant to undergo replacements considering my age (78 years) and lack of expertise available in my country for doing such complex surgeries and its post-operative care. In the meantime, one of our family friends who had undergone a hip replacement at Shalby, Ahmedabad also firmly recommended this hospital for my problem.
Thus, I met Dr. Manu Sharma, Orthopedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon of Shalby Hospitals in Nairobi, Kenya, on 26th October 2017. He described that Shalby has been doing Hip replacements in more elderly people than me for years together with great success. My family, especially my daughter Florence, quickly took the decision and on 22nd November 2017 we came to Krishna Shalby Ahmedabad. My left hip surgery was done on 23rd November, followed by the right one on December 1, 2017.
Having done both hip surgeries, I feel, I would have undergone the surgeries at least 3 years before! We are leaving Shalby with the memories of good care and homely environment that we enjoyed here. There was no language barrier and every smiling face we encountered during our stay, had the healing effect."
Orthopedic & Joint Replacement Services At Shalby
Shalby Hospital is a reputed name worldwide, in terms of orthopaedic and joint replacement all because of its highly patient-centric approach. Our orthopedic surgeons are highly professional and extensively skilled in joint replacements especially knee replacements, hip joint replacement, prosthetics, tissue engineering, and ligaments.
Other than hip joint replacement, some of our orthopedic and joint replacement services include:
- Knee joint replacement: Shalby Hospital is the global leader in Knee Replacement. It is a surgical procedure often performed to get relief from the pain; restricted mobility and disability arising out of degenerative arthritis.
- Trauma And Fracture Surgery: Shalby Trauma Centre has state- of- the- art tertiary care treatment facilities for accident victims.
- Spine Surgery: Shalby’s Spine Surgery unit helps you deal with spinal problems using a range of surgical and non-surgical procedures.
- Shoulder & Small Joint Treatment: Shalby’s expertise helps you effectively deal with different joint diseases that affect shoulder and small joints.
- Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine: We offer minimally invasive surgical procedure to examine, diagnose, envision and treat damages related to the interior of a joint; as well as sports injuries.
All our joint replacement procedures are carried out using the state-of-the-art technology which not just focuses on the surgical aspect but is even committed to effective recovery post-treatment. Shalby has rendered effective medical care to several patients, nationally and internationally in join replacements, helping them recover from injuries or restoring lost functions of the joint.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Center Of Excellence
- Spine Surgery
- Radiology and Imaging
- Pulmonology and Chest
- Plastic Surgery
- Pathology And Microbiology
- Paediatrics and Neonatology
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic and Trauma
- Organ Donation
- Ophthalmology and Glaucoma
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Obesity Surgery
- Neuro Science Department
- Nephrology – Dialysis Kidney Transplant
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Liver Transplant in India
- Knee Joint Replacement
- Intensive and Critical Care
- Infertility and IVF
- Infectious Diseases
- Hip Joint Replacement
- Hair Transplant
- General Surgery
- General Medicine
- Gastroentero Surgery
- ENT Surgery
- Endoscopy and Laparoscopy
- Endocrinology – Diabetology
- Emergency Medicine
- Dental Cosmetic and Implantology
- Cosmetic and Aesthetic
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Arthroscopy – Sports Injury
- Arthroplasty/TKR & Hip Replacement