Dengue Can be Fatal:
Posted On: September 30, 2015
Posted By: shalbyhospitals
Know the Mosquito "Aedes aegypti"
It is a striped mosquito called "Aedes aegypti" that causes Dengue Fever by its biting. It carries the infection from a human who has been infected by the Virus. Though mosquito breeding is rampant during the wet season, they can breed throughout the year in "Water-Filled" areas. Therefore, it is advised to keep the domicile areas free from mosquito and all possible mosquito breeding spots.
The incubation period for the Dengue Virus is Three to 15 days. Within a window period of Eight days also, the symptoms can appear. Generally, the expressed symptoms are:
- Pain in the legs and joints
- A low backache and headache
- High Body Temperature ( High & Low at times)
- Reddened eyes with pain while moving the eyes
- Swollen lymph nodes in neck and groin
- Low blood pressure
- Pink or Pale rash over the face which disappears over a period etc.
Measures For Protection
- Try to avoid mosquito bites by wearing full body clothing
- use Mosquito nets at home
- Keep away from thickly populated areas, as far as possible
- Close all spots through which mosquito can enter into the living space of home
- Repeated use of mosquito repellents even within the home
- Prefer to sleep in an air-conditioned room
- Consult a doctor if you feel, you have the symptoms of Dengue
Dengue Fever is not a contagious disease. It spreads from one person to the other through mosquito bites only.
Therefore, if someone in your family is infected by the Virus, take immediate steps to protect others in the family from mosquito bites.